Leadership that brings people together
The Faith & Politics Institute advances reflective leadership among members of Congress and congressional staff to bridge the divides that arise in a thriving democracy.
The Faith & Politics Institute embraces values that are essential for a thriving democracy. Among those it holds most important are: Conscience, Courage, Compassion, Diversity, Integrity, Trust, Spiritual Engagement, Personal Reflection, Interfaith Understanding, Forgiveness, Civility, and Community.
The Faith & Politics Institute makes the following commitments:
- To serve members of Congress in the fulfillment of their constitutional oath to form a more perfect union
- To abstain from advocating for public policy initiatives
- To integrate reflective leadership practices into each of our programs
- To cultivate diverse leadership within our organization and among our constituents
- To uphold the separation of church and state while strengthening the influence of reflective leadership in American public life
- To bridge the differences that arise in a thriving democracy
- To act with integrity and adhere to the highest ethical standards
- To promote a climate of trust and seek to earn the trust of others